King of Glory Preschool
Welcome to the KOG Preschool
Our facility is owned and operated by King of Glory Lutheran Church and has been a part of the Fountain Valley community since 1986. The center is an integral part of the ministry provided to our children and families. We are pleased you are considering us for your childcare needs. Please take a moment to read about our program.
Programs and Hours
Morning Preschool 8:00 am – 12:30 pm
Extended Day Care 7:00 am – 6:00 pm
Services & Features
- Ages 6 weeks to 18 months beginning Fall 2018
- Ages 18 months to 6 years
- 7:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Morning Classes
- Small Class Size
- Potty Training Available
- Half / Full Day Offered
- Beautiful Facility
- Qualified Child Care
Our goal is to provide a peaceful, loving environment in which children can grow and reach their full potential. Our belief is that children need to be active participants in their learning. Activities are designed to promote specific competencies in emotional, physical, social and cognitive growth. Our program helps children develop habits of observation, questioning and listening. It will provide children with an awareness of their feelings and the right to express them. They will learn that as long as they stay within the limits of consideration for other people and things, they do not always have to conform. We want you to look into our busy, happy, noisy, creative world and see your child at play. We want you to realize the importance of that play. Together we can build a foundation of support that will develop strong children both physically and emotionally. We are fully licensed by the State of California Department of Social Services Community Care Licensing. Our Day Care license number is 300605974. Our Infant Center license number is 304371197.
Vacation Bible School (VBS) is coming to King of Glory!
At Roar, kids explore God’s goodness and celebrate a ferocious faith that powers them through this wild life!
VBS is a week long program that is from 9am to Noon. Each day we start and end in the Church Sanctuary with skits and worship. Then we spend 20 minutes at each station. They are… Bible Adventures, Hungry Hurd (Snacks), Stampede Sports (Games),
If you have any questions about VBS please contact Amanda Pulos the Director of Youth, Children and Family Ministries at 714-604-3373 or [email protected]
Students Enrolled in Summer 2019
FULL TIME Students in the Pink, Brown and Purple Rooms will be joining in on the fun FREE of charge at opening and all the rotations! Blue, Green and Yellow rooms will have daily visitors that will be doing VBS music, games, story, crafts and snack with them. Full Time students DO NOT need to register!!!
If your child is a PART TIME student that is potty trained and you would like them to attend VBS on their days that they are not enrolled at the preschool please register them FREE of charge click HERE!
On non-preschool days you will be dropping your child off at the front of the church (NOT THE PRESCHOOL) at our VBS Check in table and Picking them up in the sanctuary.
KOG Preschool Students NOT Enrolled for the Summer, Siblings, and Friends
If your child is NOT enrolled to attend KOG Preschool this summer, don’t worry, there is still a place for them at VBS! registration Fees: On or before July 7th for $37.00 and after July 7th for $47.00
To register students NOT enrolled for summer at KOG Preschool, siblings or friends please click HERE!
Parents, Middle School, and High School Youth
If you are in 7th grade through high school or even an adult there is a place for you at VBS too! Come and be a leader and use your voice to Roar! To sign up to volunteer click HERE!
- Our Committment
- Parent Handbook
- Tuition Information
- School Year Calendar
- Preschool Staff
- Viva Student Food Services
Our Commitment to the Community
- To continually strive for excellence by providing outstanding service delivered by a dedicated team in a Christian environment.
- To provide a work environment with a strong commitment to training, teamwork and mentoring by providing opportunities and funding for workshop attendance and flexible schedules for higher education goals, rewarding outstanding performance and encouraging staff to grow to their full potential.
- To raise the standards of our program above the State Regulations and to support attempts to improve the quality of childcare in our state and nation.
- To provide loving, nurturing, family oriented care and education and to become an extended part of each family, working together for the benefit of every child.
- To treat each child as an individual, rejoicing in diversity and becoming unified by the love of Jesus Christ.
- To share God’s love with the children, families and each other, encouraging all to share that love with others.
Meet Athinia Huber, Preschool Director
We would be delighted to have your child attend King of Glory Lutheran Preschool (KOG). We are very proud of our program and all that it offers children. We look forward to your family becoming a part of our preschool family. King of Glory Preschool is a place where adults and children grow and learn together in a nurturing and creative Christian environment. Our values reflect the belief that children learn best in a rich environment that focuses on cognitive and creative ways of thinking and learning. Our staff is truly committed to working in a partnership with you and your child to provide for the highest quality early childhood experience. I look forward to getting to know both you and your child and sharing a rewarding preschool experience. Sincerely, Athinia Huber, Preschool Director
- Have two and four-year degrees in early childhood education or a related field and teaching experience.
- Participate in ongoing training throughout the year.
- Have current first aid/ CPR certificates
- Develop a partnership with parents in caring for and teaching the children.
- All have a background clearance on file.
Viva Student Food Services (“Viva”) is the new food service provider for King of Glory Preschool lunch orders. Partnered with myschoolaccount.com for the managing of lunch orders and payments, Viva online ordering system offers you the ability to preorder your child’s meals, make deposits directly into their student account, and track what your child is eating.
In addition, you may also transfer funds between students and have an email reminder sent to you when an account balance gets low. Deposits and payments can be made automatically with a checking account, savings account, or a credit card. Each child’s account will be updated nightly so that preorders and account balance information will be current the following day.
To take advantage of this service, simply create a parent account:
1. Go to myschoolaccount.com.
2. Click “Create Account” on the top menu bar.
3. Fill in the required information on the “Parent Account Sign-Up” page.
4. Create a User ID and Password.
5. Choose Viva Student Food Services from the “School District” drop down menu.
6. Click the “Accept” box, and then click “Signup.” An email will be sent to your email address that will contain a “verification code.”
After you receive the “verification code” you may begin to add your child’s information. To do this, you will need to:
1. Go to myschoolaccount.com and login using your previously created user ID and password.
2. Enter the “verification code” to verify your account and email address.
3. Begin adding your student information according to the guidelines provided along with the following information:
Student ID: [CUSTOMER_USERID] Student Pin Number: [CUSTOMER_PIN]
4. You will be provided a pin number for your student, however Viva will provide the lunch orders to your student’s teacher. After the student is added, you will be able to view account activity and make payments to the student account.
5. The monthly menus are available on the Viva Food Services website. Select the MENU tab on the top menu bar. Select King of Glory as your school and enter KOG1212 as your password, noting the first three letters are capitalized.
6. You may now select a Prepaid Lunch with a drink option. Please select a drink item: Bottled Water, Organic Juice, or 2% White Milk listed with the $0.00 amount.
7. If you prefer not to order a Prepaid Lunch, you may order option(s) from the Ala Carte menu.
You will not be able to place an order after 8:00 am and can resume ordering at 1:00 pm.
Please note, lunch items are prepared daily.